Discouraging.
Last night I was in the midst of composing this long, long post when in the middle of everything the browser just crapped out on me. Pffffftttttt, everything written just gone up in smoke. At the beginning of the week I was compelled to upgrade to the new blogger (which I am still not happy about) and lo and behold the ‘recover post’ button doesn’t show up at all anymore.
I can’t entirely blame blogger though, I am getting to the point where I just hate Safari. It crashes a lot on my machine and I find that just enormously frustrating. I have Firefox also and I continue to be amazed by its portability. The thing I really like about Firefox is that it will ask you if you want to restore a session after crapping out. Since I’m the kind of person who has plenty of windows and tabs open it is a big plus for me.
It’s just force of habit and lack of momentum that has stopped me from switching over to Firefox as a default browser - just the way things work with me I imagine.
In the period of just over a decade I’ve gone from Mosaic to Netscape to Safari. I’ve had and used Explorer and Opera on my machines but found I never really used them much.
At least it’s not like the days when an app crashing would force a restart so I guess I should consider myself lucky.
1 comment:
I switched from Safari to Firefox about two months ago and have never looked back. In addition to its incompatibility with Blogger, Safari was just running too slowly to tolerate (I have an iMac G5 that's <2 years old, so this should not be an issue). Firefox works great.
--the other PJ
Post a Comment